Sunday 11 January 2015

[FIX: Eclipse - Android layout file] - Incorrect line ending: found carriage return (\r) without corresponding newline (\n)

I hit this annoying issue today - I think due to copy and pasting code. Within my layout file in Android I'm getting the following error:

Incorrect line ending: found carriage return (\r) without corresponding newline (\n)



Closing the layout and deleting the problematic elements did not help. However, the fix is easy:


  1. Open your layout file. 
  2. Press Ctrl + Shift + F
  3. Save the layout file. 

Hope this saves someone time in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Covid-19 impact on mobile applications - a quick case study

Amidst everything that's been going on over the last few months, checking on how my apps have been doing has been low down my priorities...