Tuesday 6 December 2011

10 Billion Android App Downloads - Missed opportunity?

So Google has announced that there have been 10 Billion apps downloaded on Android devices since its inception a few years ago - which is a staggering amount which clearly highlight it as a major competitor to the iPhone (Google announcement).

One billion is a pretty big number by any measurement. However, when it’s describing thespeed at which something is growing, it’s simply amazing. This past weekend, thanks to Android users around the world, Android Market exceeded 10 billion app downloads—with a growth rate of one billion app downloads per month. We can’t wait to see where this accelerating growth takes us in 2012.

Again this has got me thinking, am I missing out on something here? I have an android phone (HTC Desire) and yet I've still not tried to make myself an app yet.

My mission for this festive period is to have created my own app - the search for ideas starts now! I think I'll start using this tutorial and work it up from there. I'll try document my progress as I go.

P.S. if you are reading this and have anything you want developed you think would be useful then leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Covid-19 impact on mobile applications - a quick case study

Amidst everything that's been going on over the last few months, checking on how my apps have been doing has been low down my priorities...